Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error compiling MKL example ex_nlsqp_bc_f

Arbabi__Nasser
Beginner
I am trying to run "ex_nlsqp_bc_f.f" example of MKL in Intel Composer XE 2013 and Visual Studio 2012, but I get the following errors: mkl_rci.fi(158): error #5082: Syntax error, found '&' when expecting one of: * I just run the example code without any alterations. Do you have any suggestion how to resolve this error? Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Given that the filename ends with .f, that means it is interpreted as fixed-form source. You've asked this in the Fortran forum rather than the MKL forum, and I don't have the MKL samples handy, but I'd guess that there is a confusion between fixed and free form somewhere. The include file might be assuming free-form.

This is a rather old version of the product - if you need more help with MKL please ask in the MKL forum.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The mkl_rci.fi file for the current MKL version (the one that came with PS2018U2) appears to be slightly different. It would help if you posted Line-158 and a couple of adjacent lines, given that you have an old version of MKL. These MKL include files have a format that makes them usable in both fixed and free format source. Make sure that the '&' marks at the ends of lines in mkl_rci.fi are at or beyond col. 73, and that the '&' marks at the beginnings of lines are exactly in col.6.

I built and ran the example with PS2018 with no hitches, but that is probably of little comfort to you.

0 Kudos
Arbabi__Nasser
Beginner
mecej4 wrote:

The mkl_rci.fi file for the current MKL version (the one that came with PS2018U2) appears to be slightly different. It would help if you posted Line-158 and a couple of adjacent lines, given that you have an old version of MKL. These MKL include files have a format that makes them usable in both fixed and free format source. Make sure that the '&' marks at the ends of lines in mkl_rci.fi are at or beyond col. 73, and that the '&' marks at the beginnings of lines are exactly in col.6.

I built and ran the example with PS2018 with no hitches, but that is probably of little comfort to you.

Thanks for your comment. Line 158 of "mkl_rci.fi" is as below: 158 SUBROUTINE DCGMRHS_GET(n,x,nRhs,b,rci_request,ipar,dpar, & 159 & tmp,itercount) The "&" mark, in the beginning, is at line 6, and the end "&" mark is in Col 73. I need to include this library in my code as I want to embed my code into ABAQUS. Is there any way to include the code in a way that runs correctly, or modify the "mkl_rci.fi" file? I tried to modify the "mkl_rci.fi" file manually, but it is read-only.
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you are describing the source correctly, that looks ok. Please create a ZIP with that file and the .f you are compiling and attach it to a reply here.

0 Kudos
Arbabi__Nasser
Beginner
Steve Lionel (Ret.) wrote:

If you are describing the source correctly, that looks ok. Please create a ZIP with that file and the .f you are compiling and attach it to a reply here.

Thanks Steve. Actually, I copied the "mkl_rci.fi" file content to another file, and removed the "&" marks at the end of lines. Then I replaced the modified file with the original, which resolved the problem.
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Oh, I wonder. What compiler options did you use? /extend_source by any chance?

0 Kudos
Arbabi__Nasser
Beginner

Steve Lionel (Ret.) wrote:

Oh, I wonder. What compiler options did you use? /extend_source by any chance?

I included the KLM library into VS console (Console> properties> Fortran> Libraries> /Qmkl:parallel). Then I modified the "mkl_rci.fi" file in the installed directory to be consistent with Fortran77 format.

0 Kudos