Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

Error compiling siesta 4.1b4 in [siesta_cmlsubs.o]

jja1
Beginner
Hello, Issue compiling 4.1.b4. compilation aborted for /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90 (code 1) make: *** [siesta_cmlsubs.o] Error 1 Any help will be really appreciated. Many thanks in advance mpiifort -c -qopenmp -I/opt/shared/apps/netCDF/4.4.1.1-intel/include/ -I/opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Obj -I/opt/shared/apps/netCDF/4.4.1.1-intel/include -I/opt/shared/apps/netCDF/4.4.1.1-intel/include -I/opt/shared/apps/HDF5/1.8.19-intel//include -I/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.1.217/linux/mpi/intel64/include -DMPI -DFC_HAVE_FLUSH -DFC_HAVE_ABORT -DCDF -DSIESTA__NO_MRRR /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90 /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90(26): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [VERSION_INFO] Use version_info ----------^ /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90(62): error #6285: There is no matching specific subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [CMLADDMETADATA] Call cmlAddMetadata(mainXML, name='siesta:Version', content=version_str) --------------^ /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90(63): error #6285: There is no matching specific subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [CMLADDMETADATA] Call cmlAddMetadata(mainXML, name='siesta:Arch', content=siesta_arch) --------------^ /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90(64): error #6285: There is no matching specific subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [CMLADDMETADATA] Call cmlAddMetadata(mainXML, name='siesta:Flags', content=fflags) --------------^ /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90(65): error #6285: There is no matching specific subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [CMLADDMETADATA] Call cmlAddMetadata(mainXML, name='siesta:PPFlags', content=fppflags) --------------^ compilation aborted for /opt/apps/Siesta/siesta-4.1-b4/Src/siesta_cmlsubs.F90 (code 1) make: *** [siesta_cmlsubs.o] Error 1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

First of all: your message is garbled, you should use the </> icon you find under the ... icon in the tool bar to insert preformatted text.

With some effort I can find the acual error message:

error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths

That says it all. Either the source file that contains that module file (VERSION_INFO) has not been compiled yet or you must add an option "-I ..." that indicates where to find the module file (extension .mod) in question. It may also indicate a lack of dependencies in your makefile.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

"jja1": You are asking about a large package (16 MB, over 2500 source files and directories), which is stated to be a "beta" version. The source file that generated the error uses several Fortran modules, which implies that the sources that contain those modules must have been successfully compiled earlier before attempting the current compilation. The burden of finding out and satisfying the requirements (for building the application, making sure that all the requisites are present and in their places, and ensuring that you have the necessary build tools) is yours. Questions regarding the structure of the package should be addressed to the package authors/maintainers.

0 Kudos