Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28384 Discussions

Error in environment variable settings

Ke_L_
Beginner

Hi all:
I am using Mac OSX 10.11.4 on Mbp13R. I have install ifrot 2016update3 and icc 2016update3, but it seems some thing wrong with *vars.sh, the detials (in bash shell) are as followed:

source /opt/intel/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/bin/iccvars.sh intel64
echo $MKLROOT
/opt/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.170/mac/mkl
which ifort icc
/opt/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.170/mac/bin/intel64/ifort
/opt/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.170/mac/bin/intel64/icc

Yes, as you can see, all of them begin with ‘/opt/intel//‘, but i think they are wrong path. I can’t install VASP for missing some files. Would anyone will tell me how to fix it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Yes, it does appear there is an extra forward-slash. We will investigate if our *vars.sh scripts are introducing that.

Generally an extra forward-slash like what is shown is ignored so that may not be a factor in the VASP installation but I don't know as I'm not familiar with VASP myself. There is a guide available targeting Linux that you may already be aware of, Building VASP* with Intel® MKL, Intel® Compilers and Intel® MPI, that might be of help.

Can you post details about the missing files?

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The extraneous forward-slash is the same issue as was posted earlier here. It has been escalated to Development. Thank you.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200411070)

0 Kudos