Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Error when compiling fortran with mpi binding intel compiler

zhang_stu
Beginner

Hello there,

I bound Intel’s fortran compiler when configuring openmpi, but when I used "mpif90 -of f.f90" to compile the fortran program, a series of same errors were reported "f.f90(14): error #6285: There is no matching specific" subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [MPI_FINALIZE] call MPI_FINALIZE (ierr )", that is, this error occurred when calling the mpi function. In addition, my "ifort version 17.0.5, openmpi version 3.1.3", the openmpi configuration parameter is "./configure --prefix= /my/path CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=ifort FC=ifort FFLAGS=-i8 FCFLAGS=-i8 --enable-fortran=all"

I have no idea about this bug now, thank you in advance for your answers.

Jie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zhang_stu
Beginner

The attachment is the file to be compiled mentioned above.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The errors are caused by your use of -i8. This causes all "default integers" in your code to be 64-bit. Many MPI routines do not accept 64-bit integer arguments, for example. MPI_INIT for the "ierror" argument.

Do not use options that change the meaning of your code, such as -i8. If you have specific variables you want to be 64-bit, declare them that way.

0 Kudos
zhang_stu
Beginner
0 Kudos