Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Errors in linking C with Fortran

sarma_amras
New Contributor I

Hi, I am facing these errors. Tried solving looking at other threads given in this forum and in other forums too.

But I couldn't resolve these. Please help in this regard.

C_files.lib(get_bvindx_info.obj) : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
libifcore.lib(for_diags_intel.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __iob referenced in function _for__io_return
libifcore.lib(for_nt_open_proc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob
libm.lib(libm_error.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob
libifcore.lib(for_rseq_nml.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __pctype referenced in function _for__nml_lex
libifcore.lib(for_io_util.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __pctype
libifcore.lib(tbk_traceback.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __pctype
libifcore.lib(for_rseq_nml.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___mb_cur_max referenced in function _for__nml_lex
libifcore.lib(for_io_util.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___mb_cur_max
libifcore.lib(tbk_traceback.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___mb_cur_max
libifcore.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __pxcptinfoptrs referenced in function _GETEXCEPTIONPTRSQQ
libifcore.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___argv referenced in function _for_rtl_init_
libifcore.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___argc referenced in function _for_rtl_init_
Debug/fortran_files.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

I have tried maintaining that all sources are compiled with the same libraries option (/libs or one of the various /Mxx options). Still no lcuk.

Thanking you in advance

Kameswara Sarma

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

In th absence of sufficient information from you, it looks like you are mixing incompatible brands of Fortran, or you aren't compiling and linking with a single version of ifort, with the PATH variables set, as the ifortvars script would do.

0 Kudos
sarma_amras
New Contributor I
Quoting - tim18

In th absence of sufficient information from you, it looks like you are mixing incompatible brands of Fortran, or you aren't compiling and linking with a single version of ifort, with the PATH variables set, as the ifortvars script would do.

I couldn't get you...

I have only one version of Fortran (IVF 11.0) and trying to integrate with the VS2005.

I have ensured that every matches in both C & Fortran. I am not sure of what else I need to do. Also not sure what more information you are needed to solve this.

0 Kudos