Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Errors in write statement pointing to NTDLL.dll

avinashs
New Contributor I

I am experiencing repeated errors in running a Fortran program that I am unable to diagnose. The debugger always stops at write statements with strings. The write statement throwing the error varies from run to run but the debugger always points to the error

ntdll.dll!00007ff87c96f2d2() Unknown

and when the debug window is closed, the MSVSC window output states:

Critical error detected c0000374
A breakpoint instruction (__debugbreak() statement or a similar call) was executed in opocm.exe.

The program was built with IFORT Classic [Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic for applications running on Intel(R) 64, version 2021.11.0 Package ID: w_oneAPI_2024.0.2.49896] and MSVSC 17.8.4.

This error occurs only with a particular program - it is not a general error for all programs.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This is simply a debug breakpoint, probably when an I/O error was raised. Look for the console window behind Visual Studio and see what it says.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This is simply a debug breakpoint, probably when an I/O error was raised. Look for the console window behind Visual Studio and see what it says.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

Thanks @Steve_Lionel. Having verified from your response that it is simply a debug breakpoint, I narrowed the origin of the error down to the following. The project contained a library and one of the modules in the library needed changes. When including the module source code in the same project to make the changes and test when the library was also present, the above errors arise randomly i.e. the above error at the write statement is unrelated to the write statement itself. Once the library is rebuilt and included in the project, the errors disappear.

0 Kudos