Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28701 Discussions

Execution file HLP in Windows XP

wiltonps
Beginner
I use CVF 6.5 QuickWin App. For execute a file hlp I use the command
i = WinExec('winhlp32.exe Tutorial.hlp',sw_show)
and it works fine but not for Windows XP. For Windows XP the program
become unavailable until file hlp is closed. What I do to avoid this problem?
Wilton
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This one looks like fitting in the Fortran forum as well as anywhere. I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect the Fortran to be held up for completion of the .hlp session. But, why are you trying to use such an old version of CVF on a new version of Windows? Even with CVF 6.6C, inexplicably hung files occurred more frequently under XP SP1. I don't know whether SP2 may have helped, for those programs where it doesn't run out of address space.
0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1
Moved this topic to the Intel Fortran Compiler for Windows & Visual Fortran forum.
Lexi S.
Intel Software Network Support

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 11-15-2005 11:03 PM

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Maybe try ShellExecute instead of WinExec, which is an old 16-bit routine. The MS docs have a lot of warnings against using WinExec.
0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
What about using
use dfwin ! (which contains USE USER32, where the interface for WinHElp resides)
use dfwinty ! which contains definition of HELP_FINDER
integer OL
logical retlog
character*100 HelpFileName
OL=0
Helpfilename="MyHelpFile.hlp"C
retlog=WinHelp (hWnd, HelpFileName, HELP_FINDER, OL)
?
hWnd is a window handle, = dlg%hWnd if called from a dialog box call-back belonging to dialog 'dlg'. Otherwise use the main window handle, obtained when creating the window, or, if QuickWin, using
USE DFLIB
hWnd=GETHWNDQQ(QWIN$FRAMEWINDOW)
0 Kudos