Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

F1 access to documentation

David_DiLaura1

Intel folks:

Many thanks for bringing back F1 access to the Fortran documentation with the latest update 18.03. It was certainly helpful to have it available in release 19.0 beta, but essential for our production work which is using release 18.0

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-documentation-intel-compiler-current-and-previous

I note, however, that my version of WinZip (19.5) will not extract the documentation ZIP file that the link in the above Intel page contains -- WinZIP reports a error. But I believe that to be bogus, since if open the file with WinZIP and copy the entire contents to the specified folder the F1 access works as advertised. Not a big deal, but it is strange. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

I am getting an error:

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

This is when installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\parallel_studio_xe_2018\documentation_2018\en\compiler_f\ps2108 or C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\parallel_studio_xe_2018\documentation_2018\en\compiler_f\18.3_FOR_DevGuide
which was how WinZip unpacked it.

With the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\parallel_studio_xe_2018\documentation_2018\en\compiler_f. they are not found at all.

0 Kudos