Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

FNPLicensingService64.exe ERROR

brianlamm
Beginner
I received the subject error when building and x64 solution from an x64 box. After searching and searching, I decided to clean install my OS! With an absolutely clean OS (Win XP x64 SP2) install, MSVS.NET 2008 Pro commercial installed, and then IVF 11...66 installed, I noticed "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher" was installed with two files, "fnp_registrations.xml" and "FNPLicensingService.exe", right after the (apparently successful) installation of IVF 11...66. The registration file had something about intel in it, and test only, blah, blah, blah. (I re-downloaded my license file anew from Intel, and the IVF 11...66 install found it with no problem).

THEN, when I built an x64 solution inside MSVS.NET 2008 for the very FIRST TIME, another Macrovision was created, AT THE TIME OF THE BUILD, in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher", (NOTE this was in "program files" without the "(x86)"), with the same named registration file, but with a NEW licensing exe called "FNPLicensingService64.exe", note the "64" at the tail. I know for a FACT this directory and files in it were created at exactly the time the build was initiated.

I got SEVERAL win32 unhandled exceptions from both FNPLicensingService64.exe and ifort, and I elected not to debug because I have no idea what the output would tell me.

After cleaning and rebuilding I-don't-know-how-many-times, I finally got what appeared to be a successful build (one dll and one exe).

... but of course there's a snowball's chance in hades I trust the built exe and dll.

Anyone had this problem? Anyone know of a fix? If not of course I'll file a problem report with Intel Premier Service.

Thanks,
Brian
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Brian,

I recommend you ask this at our Startup Support Help Page. The folks there are well-versed in the license management issues.
0 Kudos
brianlamm
Beginner
Thanks Steve, I'll do that. I also filed with Premier Support.
How can I remove this thread from this forum?
I'll manually recreate to forum you suggested since I've a bit more of knowledge (I copied the installed FNPLicensingService.exe (32 bit intalled when IVF installed) from program files (x86) and copied it to program files, deleted the existing FNPLicensingService64.exe (created the first time I ran the build), and renamed the 32-bit FNPLicensingService.exe to FNPLicensingService64.exe in the program files ... directory, and the build went without a hitch, giving no unhandled win32 exceptions).
Thanks,
-Brian
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Brian,

I saw your report to Premier Support. Lots of uppercase and exclamation points in there...

This thread is fine - when you get a resolution from support, please add a reply here to let others know what was found. I'm not up on the new "FLEXnet Publisher" licensing tools so I don't know how all of the FNP files interact.
0 Kudos