Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

FORTRAN in VS2022

Innovationgame
Innovationgame_0-1639938800656.png

Innovationgame
New User

I have just installed VS2022 and Intel OneAPI Fortran.  I have opened VS and added my source code files to a project.  However, I can see no way to compile or build the executable.  Any suggestions?  I have been through all the help files, but they seem to bare little relation to what I have on the screen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Innovationgame

I have now soloved it.  I needd to set the runtime library to "Debug QuickWin (/libs:qwin /dbglibs)" in the project property pages

View solution in original post

23 Replies
jackosullivan2

Moving a VS2010/VF Composer XE 2013 SP1 Update 3 project to VS2022, and trying to use the old *.vfproj and its associated *.sln files, I've encountered the following Error:

Error [Description] general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "C:\Users\ME\OneDrive - XXX\Documents\Visual Studio 2022\Projects\MYPROJ\Debug\MYPROJ.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [File]mt.exe

I have not included any "mt.exe" in my project.  Perhaps it is some sort of compiling or linking app?

I also get the following Warning that sounds like it might have something to do with this since the "TargetPath" is the thing that the above Error is looking for:

MYPROJ: warning: TargetPath(C:\Users\josulliv\OneDrive - XXX\Documents\Visual Studio 2022\MYPROJ\Debug\MYPROJ.exe) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Users\ME\OneDrive - XXX\Documents\Visual Studio 2022\MYPROJ\Debug\MYPROJ-5_7_0_298.exe). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).

I specified the "Linker's OutputFile" as "MYPROJ-5_7_0_298.exe)" on the VS2022 tab "Project | Properties | Linker | General | Output File".   

I have been unable to find out how the "TargetPath" was specified or how to change it.  Nor have I bveen able to find a way to show or change $(OutDir), $(TargetName), or $(TargetExt).

I would REALLY appreciate any help or enlightenment or pointing towards some reference that might help me move into the current decade.

Thank you all and God bless!!!

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

mt.exe is the Microsoft Manifest Tool - it runs after the linker to embed the manifest (used by Windows to locate DLLs) in the EXE. 

You should not change the Linker output file specification unless you have a REALLY good reason for doing so. Change it back to the default of $(OutDir)\$(TargetName)$(TargetExt)

You can, if you wish, change the various values that get substituted in the General property page for the project.

jackosullivan2

Thank you so much, Steve, ... for this reply and for all you have done over the years to help us poor, floundering amateurs.

All it took to get things going 100% was your fix!

Curious that I've been able to get away with naming my executables that way for at least as long as VS has been the platform.  Guess I'll have to start obeying the rules.  Hope I don't break out in a rash

Thanks again, and God bless!!!

0 Kudos