Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28591 Discussions

Fail to build Fortran Windows Application

Thomas3
Beginner
Hi,
Q1.
When I open a new project to create a Fortran Windows Application, no matter whichWindows Application Type Ichoose in "Fortran Windows Application Wizard" dialog,I always got :"error PRJ0019: A tool return an error code E:ProjectsTestWinApp5Resource.h" when I build the project. I tried to create SDI, MDI, and dialog-based application and failed to build them. (I do not tried "Empty project" type.)
Furthermore,
Q2.
The resource file(in my case, WinApp5.rc) Fortran Application wizard generated containing the following dialog resource code:
ABOUTDLG DIALOG 22, 17, 167, 64
STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION "About WinApp5"
BEGIN
DEFPUSHBUTTON "OK",IDOK,132,2,32,14
ICON "WinApp5",-1,2,3,1,1
LTEXT "CompanyName",IDC_VER1,30,2,100,8
LTEXT "FileDescription",IDC_VER2,30,10,82,8
LTEXT "ProductVersion",IDC_VER3,114,10,16,8
LTEXT "LegalCopyright ?,IDC_VER4,30,18,137,8
LTEXT "LegalTrademarks",IDC_VER5,30,34,136,27
CONTROL "",501,"Static",SS_BLACKRECT,28,31,138,1
END
Should the string "LegalCopyright ? be "LegalCopyright"?
Thank you for your answer.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
For your Q2, those are version resource types and you change the values in the resource editor.

For your Q1, first look to see if C:Program FilesIntelCompilerFortran9.0IA32BinDefToFD.exe exists. (This is for Intel Fortran 9.0, which I assume you are using.) If it does not, please uninstall and then reinstall the Intel Fortran Integrations into Microsoft Visual Studio.
0 Kudos
Thomas3
Beginner
Thank you for your reply.
I checked the folder you told meand found that there is not the DefToFd.exe file. However, it's still not there afterreinstalling Fortran. Is it installation package's bug or ...? Where could I get the file?
I'm using Fortran Pro v9.0 (build 9.0.018) with Visual Studio .NET 2003 under Windows XP Pro.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, this is an installer bug. It's being worked on. It has to do, I think, with whether or not you had version 8.0 or 8.1 previously installed. I have attached the file - just unpack it to your IA32BIN folder.
0 Kudos
Thomas3
Beginner
The problem solved and it works well. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos