Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28435 Discussions

Find All References causes Visual Studio to become unresponsive

Nathan_K_
Beginner

When I right click a Fortran subroutine and choose "Find All References" from the context menu, Visual Studio becomes unresponsive. I must use task manager to end Visual Studio's process.

My solution is comprised of mixed languages C++\C\Fortran\.NET.

Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5.51209

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*     Package ID: w_fcompxe_2015.3.208
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 3 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2013, Version 15.0.0121.12, 

This issue seems similar to the locked topic 509022: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/509022#

It appears that this is known issue (I do not see a defect ID however). 

Please correct this defect!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm not sure what happened to the earlier report - I can reproduce the problem and will send it to the developers. Issue ID is DPD200369926.

0 Kudos
Rene_Blankenburg
Beginner

The problem still seems to remain. I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Pro and Intel Fortran 17.0.4 in a mixed language solution. Is there any plan for a fix, since the feature is quite useful...

Many thanks and best regards

Rene

0 Kudos
Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III

Interesting, VS2015 update 3 and 17.0.4 shows the same behavior in mixed C/Fortran project. E.g. it is reproducible with the Intel Fortran sample 'C_calls_Fortran'. Please, Intel have a deeper look into VS integration. There is so much potential for not only this feature.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

This issue was not fixed yet. I updated the bug report with additional information provided here.

0 Kudos