Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fixed Form Line Length

steve_konarski
Beginner

In  VS2008 ,if you set the Fixed Form Line Length to 72 , the text after  column 72  would show in  green and  if you set the Fixed Form Line Length to 132 , the text after  132  would show in green.

In VS2012 text goes green after column 72 BUT the Fixed Form Line Length=132 set in the property pages ( Fortran Tab - Language) is observed - is there any way to get VS2012 to work as VS2008 did and show green text after column 132  ?

Steve

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Simply close and reopen the file, or exit VS and restart. It will pick up the setting. This is no change from earlier VS versions.

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

Hi Steve that did not work - could it be I imported the project from VS2008 and some incompatibility ?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I don't know. Zip up the project and attach it here - I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

Hi Steve I have tried an existing project and the .FOR files behave as they should when extending to 132 line lengths - the green text starts at 132 position . My project is huge and it is not possible to sent it - however I can live with the situation

steve

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You should be able to just send me the .vfproj project file and one source file that shows the problem.

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

Hi Steve - find enclosed the two files requested - the WRITE statement in the subroutine shows the problem - and also the "!" comment problem

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm not seeing a problem.

capture.png

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

I will try and look into this further - and will download the service pack you emnetioned to sort out the "!" comment problem - If i start a new project i do not get the problem

steve

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

When I loaded the vfproj independantly from the full project - I do not get the 72 position problem

steve

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

When I loaded the vfproj independantly from the full project - I do not get the 72 position problem

steve

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

Using just the vfproj file in visual studio  the green chars start at position 132- I then open visual studio and added the sln file and the green chars started at line 72 - here is the sln file

steve

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The .sln file just lists projects - it can't have any effect on this issue. I note that the source file you provided was not part of the project you supplied, so I wonder if there's an issue with how the project is set up.

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

I will look into it - when i just load te vfproj file all is well , when i add the .sln the green text starts after character 72

Meanwhile I have atached a zip file of the project - hope you can work from this

steve

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I can open that (once I fix up the path to the source file), but the long line displays correctly for me in VS2012.

0 Kudos
steve_konarski
Beginner

Arghh thanks for the replies Steve I can live with it but hopefully sort of solution to the problem will turn up

best regards

Steve

0 Kudos