Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Fortran Compiler update and Intel Software Manager does not find the latest updates

Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

I am still using Intel Fortran 2019 (2019-6) with Visual Studio 2017 (pro). I was thinking of updating my Fortran compiler to the latest (2020-2). Since I had difficulty once with several versions installed, I would like to ask if anyone successfully updated Fortran compiler to the latest without any integration issues with Visual Studio 2017? Should I uninstall the old version? 

My second question is about the Intel Software Manager (my version is from 2017). I opened it and forced an update. It does not find the latest updates (it shows 2018-4). Anyone know why would that be? Also, I am concerned that it is going to mess up my license if I ran the stand alone update file I downloaded this morning.

I. Konuk

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The Intel Software Manager considers each new version a separate product, and won't tell you about version upgrades, only updates within a version. I think this is inappropriate, but that's the choice Intel made here. Registered owners do get emails announcing new versions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I went from xe2019 U4 to xe2020 U1 in Vs2017 last week with no problems

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The Intel Software Manager considers each new version a separate product, and won't tell you about version upgrades, only updates within a version. I think this is inappropriate, but that's the choice Intel made here. Registered owners do get emails announcing new versions.

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

I assume there is no easy way update it. It is good, at least, that it updates the license status. Thank you again.

0 Kudos