Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

Fortran Error LNK2019 - Unresolved External Symbol D_ZANLY referenced in function MAIN_

Wayne_Y
Novice

I have some issues using the IMSL ZANLY function with Fortran and Visual Studios 2019. I am trying to follow this example (https://help.imsl.com/fortran/6.0/math/default.htm?turl=zanly.htm) with my code below for your reference, and was given the following error LNK2019.

I have added the library directories for the IMSL functions in the project properties (following https://help.imsl.com/fortran/2021.0/common/readme.html#link-options under "USING FNL WITH VISUAL STUDIOS 2017". I also tried changing my LINKER > SYSTEM > SUBSYSTEM from console to windows but that doesn't work and generated an additional error saying " error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol WinMain referenced in function "int__cdeclinvoke_main(void)"(?invoke_main@@YAHXZ) ". Does any one have any suggestions to resolve this please?

program Console

USE ZANLY_INT
USE WRCRN_INT
implicit none

INTEGER    :: INFO(3), NGUESS, NNEW
COMPLEX*16 :: F, Z(3), ZINIT(3)
EXTERNAL      F    
DATA ZINIT/3*(1.0,1.0)/

NNEW   = 3
NGUESS = 3

CALL D_ZANLY (F, Z, NNEW=NNEW, NGUESS=NGUESS,ZINIT=ZINIT, INFO=INFO)
!CALL D_WRCRN ('The zeros are', Z)

end program Console

COMPLEX*16 FUNCTION F (Z)
COMPLEX*16 :: Z
F = Z**3 + 5.0*Z**2 + 9.0*Z + 45.0

RETURN
END

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You need to specify that the IMSL libraries are to be used at link time. I tried your example code with old versions of IMSL FNL (version 7) and IFort (2013 SP1), and the example built and worked fine. The build command that I used was

ifort /Qimsl xzanly.f90

If you are building in Visual Studio, see the documentation that came with your versions of IMSL, Intel Fortran and Visual Studio.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You need to specify that the IMSL libraries are to be used at link time. I tried your example code with old versions of IMSL FNL (version 7) and IFort (2013 SP1), and the example built and worked fine. The build command that I used was

ifort /Qimsl xzanly.f90

If you are building in Visual Studio, see the documentation that came with your versions of IMSL, Intel Fortran and Visual Studio.

0 Kudos
Wayne_Y
Novice

Thanks for the reply. You're right - on second look, I have missed out the following line in the code: include "link_fnl_shared_imsl.h". This has resolved the problem.

0 Kudos