Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran for Abaqus

Simon_D_2
Beginner

Hello,

I'm working with Abaqus and Fortran to be able to develop user materials.

My model works because I'm able to realize calculations. But, when I realize many calculations (around 5 or 6, it depends) an error appears.

The error is "La ligne entrée est trop longue" that is to say the order line is too long. When I close the window and re-open it, the very same calculation works and after something like 5 calculations the same error appears again.

I don't manage to see where comes from the problem.

Does someone had this probleme and solved it ?

Best regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I'd guess (not having seen French Canadian Windows) that is an error from Windows (if not from Abaqus itself).  It doesn't appear to be a compile time error for which ifort could be responsible (except to the extent that some versions of ifort add superfluous PATH entries).

You might note that this problem was fairly frequent in Windows XP.  I think the allowed length of commands for .bat was increased in the Windows versions which are still supported.  One way in which this could become intermittent is with scripts which add items to the Windows PATH environment variable (but I have no idea whether Abaqus does such a thing).  In such a case you might improve it by cleaning up your default Windows PATH settings.

0 Kudos
Simon_D_2
Beginner

Thank you for your answer.

I don't think that the problem comes from Abaqus itself because when I lauch calculation from Abaqus the problem doesn't appear.

If it's a problem of path size, is there a way to get a larger size, or to clean it when a calculation is finished without closing the command windows ?

If it's a windows parameter that we should change, do you have an idea of where we could find it ?

Thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Your boot time environment variables should be accessible like system >control panel>advanced>environment variables >edit.  If you have extra entries there you may see the problem you reported.

After editing path you must reboot for it to take effect.

0 Kudos
Simon_D_2
Beginner

Hello,

With help we managed to solve the problem. What I understand is that it was because scripts were writting things in the path variable every time.

Thank you for your help,

Simon

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you could set something in Abaqus such that it would cause a display of the full Ifort command line before calling ifort.exe with that command line, diagnosing similar errors would be facilitated.

In the screenshot that you provided, we see only the standard banner from Ifort, displaying the compiler version. That information is useful, but not enough.

0 Kudos