Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Forum "Spam" emails

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

From this afternoon I am getting email change notifications for any thread I started on here going way back. I am guessing some forum admin is going on and the threads are thus marked as changed and as a result so I get notification emails. Is is happening to others as well? Quite irritating.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
WHARR5
New Contributor I

Yes, very irritating!!! Between May 29 and May 31 my in-box received over THREE THOUSAND (3,000) 'Intel Software' comments, most of them relating to 2014 problems and before; and not one relating to my recently posted question!!! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Eugene_E_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I feel your pain, since I'm getting the same "spam".  :(

Apparently a bulk update was done on some forums, which caused this issue.  I apologize for the inconvenience, the flood should stop soon.

Thank you,

--Eugene

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Haha , glad it is not just me

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

Please see this thread on the same subject https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/779714.

I received a manageable few emails about threads I contributed to as long ago as 2014 and noticed that they all had in common that the last post was from Steve Lionel and that after it had been added an anonymous post saying 'Retired 12/31/2016', which I think must have been automatically added by a software developer with more time on his/her hands than sense and that the system took over and triggered the email. To whom I say 'PERHAPS TRY A TEST RUN FIRST, DUMMY!'

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

The  'Retired 12/31/2016' has been there a long time that has nothing to do with it. It is just some "routine" data management process that has caused some attribute change to the posts. If you do forum searches it is quite annoying as you cannot sometime do meaningful ordering by date as threads sometime look active because of recent dates but in reality the date has been reset as a result of bulk data management.

If you go into your IDZ you can customise or switch off email notifications.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I notice that email notifications have been disabled temporaraly

0 Kudos
WHARR5
New Contributor I

Yes, very irritating!!! Between May 29 and May 31 my in-box received over THREE THOUSAND (3,000) 'Intel Software' comments, most of them relating to 2014 problems and before; and not one relating to my recently posted question!!! 

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

You can change your notification settings. With that many I would expect you are getting notification of all changes in some forums. You can get notification just for your own threads or threads you have marked which reduces the problem.

0 Kudos