Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Getting Module not loaded with symbols-regarding

Ambaprasad_P_
Beginner

Dear Steve,

When compiling Dialog based apps in Fortran using VS2013 ,I get errors saying MODULE LOADED WITHOUT SYMBOLS.I also get the error CANNOT FIND PDB FILE.But the same when compiled and linked with the command line works Fine .Please help

Regards

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

No, you're not getting errors. Those are informational messages relating to system DLLs. Ignore them. 

0 Kudos
Ambaprasad_P_
Beginner

Dear Steve,

I get access violation errors and the app crashes.But the same dialog app runs perfectly when i use command line compilation.

Please help

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Well, that isn't related to those symbol messages. Since I don't have your sources nor know what compiler options you specify in the two cases, there isn't much I can help with. The first thing would be to see where in the program the error occurs when you run it under the debugger and determine where the problem comes from.

0 Kudos
Ambaprasad_P_
Beginner

Dera Steve,

In case i want to compile and run DIALOG based projects from the command line how do i use the RESOURCES EDITOR from the command line?

Regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The resource editor is only available from within Visual Studio. You don't have to use VS to build your project, but you need some Fortran or C++ project to use the resource editor. (Note - the resource editor is not available if you have Visual Studio Shell.)

0 Kudos
Ambaprasad_P_
Beginner

Dear Steve

I I am unable to install help files in vs2013 from disk.The Error says that the digital signature of the file cannot be verified. I downloaded the files as an iso from the relevant Microsoft website.Please help

Warm Regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Which files did you download from Microsoft? I am not aware that this is something we suggest.

0 Kudos
Ambaprasad_P_
Beginner

Dear Steve,

In continuation of the problem i have when compiling and linking dialog based apps ,I have enclosed a screen shot of the errors in vs2010.I tested  the TEMP Dialog    sample found in the samples subdirectory..I once again wish to state that the app works correctly when compiled from the command line.Please help.Should i tinker with any seetings in vs 2010.

Regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There are no errors in that screenshot. The program ran to completion and then exited with a success status. If you want to debug the program, set a breakpoint at an executable line before starting it.

0 Kudos
Ambaprasad_P_
Beginner

Dear Steve 

Thank you for the reply .I shall proceed as you have stated.Does IVF include a standalone debugger,  or should i invariably use Visual Studio.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ambaprasad_P_
Beginner

Dear Steve

I Think i have traced the problem--- The compiled binary resource file(.RES) is neither created nor linked  when working from Visual Studio.Probably the 'RC' compiler for some reason is not invoked .I have win 8.1 installed on my machine .The same when compiled from the command line works fine .Should i change some settings in VS ? .Please help

Regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Visual Studio is the only supported debugger. You don't have to build the program in Visual Studio to use the VS debugger.

Are the .rc and .h file from the resource editor added to the project? See also https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/535386 for instructions on getting the resource translated to a Fortran include file. (This is topic "Designing a Dialog Box Overview" in Using Intel Visual Fortran to Create and Build Windows-Based Applications.)

0 Kudos