Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Getting complete traceback with intel compiler

Zeeshan_A_
Beginner

I installed a software for computational physics Quantum Espresso, one, using intel compiler/libraries and another using gnu compiler/libraries. My gnu compiled code is working fine but the intel compiled code gives an error (attached, beginning and end shown). I was trying to get a traceback for the error using -g and -traceback flag in CFLAGS, F90FLAGS and FFLAGS but it still does not give the complete traceback. How can I debug the error? I mostly followed the instructions here for installation of the software: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quantum-espresso-for-the-intel-xeon-phi-processor

Error:

*** Error in `cppp.x': double free or corruption (out): 0x0000000000b6d650 ***

======= Backtrace: =========

/usr/lib64/libc.so.6(+0x7c619)[0x7f516f96a619]

/usr/lib64/libc.so.6(__open_catalog+0xb6)[0x7f516f921e56]

ffffffffff600000-ffffffffff601000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0                  [vsyscall]

Aborted

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

This looks like a memory error in one of the system libraries, a memory corruption or double free, it is a freeing of pointer which has already been freed. The reason why you don't get a complete traceback is that you would have to compile also the system libraries with debug flags.

0 Kudos