Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26758 Discussions

Getting complete traceback with intel compiler

Zeeshan_A_
Beginner

I installed a software for computational physics Quantum Espresso, one, using intel compiler/libraries and another using gnu compiler/libraries. My gnu compiled code is working fine but the intel compiled code gives an error (attached, beginning and end shown). I was trying to get a traceback for the error using -g and -traceback flag in CFLAGS, F90FLAGS and FFLAGS but it still does not give the complete traceback. How can I debug the error? I mostly followed the instructions here for installation of the software: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quantum-espresso-for-the-intel-xeon-phi-processor

Error:

*** Error in `cppp.x': double free or corruption (out): 0x0000000000b6d650 ***

======= Backtrace: =========

/usr/lib64/libc.so.6(+0x7c619)[0x7f516f96a619]

/usr/lib64/libc.so.6(__open_catalog+0xb6)[0x7f516f921e56]

ffffffffff600000-ffffffffff601000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0                  [vsyscall]

Aborted

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

This looks like a memory error in one of the system libraries, a memory corruption or double free, it is a freeing of pointer which has already been freed. The reason why you don't get a complete traceback is that you would have to compile also the system libraries with debug flags.