Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

HTMLHelp

ahasan
Beginner
JugoslavDujic, I down loaded the HTMLhelp.f90 file from your web site -- thankyou!-- andinserted the HTMLHelpM (MOD) fileinto my CVF6 win32 program. I then added the following code fragments to the MainWndProc function:
use HTMLhelpM
Case (...)
if (HtmlHelp(..........) ....
I also added the HTMLHelp.lib path to Tools/Options/Directories/Library; then added HTMLhelp.lib to Project/Settings/Link. The *.chm file is in theprogram's *.exe diectory. The program compiles OK, but when I select help from the menu, I get a message that says'Unable to Activate Help'. Any ideas? I generated my *.chm file with a program called FAR if that makes a difference.

Message Edited by halcyong@fcc.net on 06-15-2004 08:41 AM

Message Edited by halcyong@fcc.net on 06-15-2004 08:43 AM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Hard to say without seeing the code...
I assume the .chm file is runnable from outside the program, right?
Then, the problem appears to be with actual arguments of HtmlHelp function -- if you want to specify a particular page ID (IDH_HELPPAGE), you should call:
iSt = HtmlHelp(hWnd, "HelpFile.chm"C, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, IDH_HELPPAGE)
perhaps you forgot to terminate the file path with char(0) (""C)?
If you want default help page, you can also use HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC:
iSt = HtmlHelp(hWnd, "HelpFile.chm::index.htm"C, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, 0)
Jugoslav
0 Kudos
ahasan
Beginner
Thanks. You are correct, the problem was that I changed WinHelp()in the CVF tempelate code to HTMLHelp() but did not change the arguements for the function. So HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC makes everything work. Thanks so much for the HTMLHelpM module, and your kind replies in the past and present.
0 Kudos