Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Help needed: call to MKL subroutine sgesv causes thread to exit with code 2

Bond__Andrew
New Contributor I

I am building a Windows app that makes use of the MKL libraries that ship with Intel Fortran 18.

I have a call to the subroutine sgesv(n, nrhs, a, lda, ipiv, b, ldb, info) which causes my program to exit with the message:

The thread 0x13458 has exited with code 2 (0x2).

I have checked that the parameters that I pass to sgesv(...) are all correct. However, I am at a loss as to what to do now, since sgesv() does not pass an error message back to me (and the thread crashes before I can read 'info', which normally reports on the success or otherwise of the call).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Andrew

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I'm afraid that there is nothing to offer unless you make a more specific and complete report. Consider this: the example sgesvx.f that is distributed with MKL also satisfies every attribute that you described, yet runs fine. Therefore, there is something specific to your invocation of SGESV that caused a problem.

Please assemble a reproducer and submit it in the MKL forum.

0 Kudos
Bond__Andrew
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.

I got the example sgesvx.f to work and then discovered what was going wrong with my application - I had copies of mkl_core.dll and mkl_intel_thread.dll in the same folder as my EXE. Without those DLLs present, my app runs just fine (under the debugger).

I suspect I have the wrong DLLs in the folder.

Anyway, problem solved for now.

Thanks!

Andrew

0 Kudos