Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Hi,...

Emmanuel_I_
Beginner

Hi,

I installed intel fortran in my MacBook after installing X-code, however, the fortran option is not seen when starting X-code so I could not locate or use the fortran compiler. Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The first step is to insure you have a compatible mix of versions of key software components. Please provide details about the specific versions of OS X, Xcode, and Intel Fortran compiler or Intel Parallel Studio XE that you are using.

If by chance you obtained our latest Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 release, the system requirements are noted in the Release Notes so check those to see whether you have met those requirements.

If your key software versions mix is compatible, then next refer to details in the Getting Started Guide for OS X* for information about using the compiler via the command-line or under Xcode.

Also a forewarning that the integration of our Fortran compiler and debugger under Xcode is a “limited feature” meaning it lacks functionality in areas related to Fortran (specifically MODULE support)  and debugging.  Many find the Xcode environment is not usable for their development with Fortran.

0 Kudos