Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

How to get intel fortran compiler 10.1.026 student version

Zafar__Rashid
Beginner

Hi,

I have got a licence (free, student) for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2018.

But I needed ifort 10.1.026. I went to product list and selected version for fortran linux as 10.1.026 intel registration centre.

While installing, it is showing invalid key. I downloaded the licence file and tried offline instalation but again it shows as invalid licence file.

Can someone please help me? I have a key for 2018.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The old Abaqus version you're using may claim that it was tested with those old compiler versions, but that doesn't mean newer compilers won't work. I have seen many people come through these forums with Abaqus and they were able to use newer compilers. At most you'll have to modify the scripts Abaqus uses for finding the compiler.

I don't think you'll be able to get access to such old compiler versions with a student license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This probably won't work. Version 10 did not understand student licenses. There's no good reason to want a version that old, especially if you're a student.

0 Kudos
Zafar__Rashid
Beginner

Dear Steve,

Abaqus 6.11 is compatible with either of the following

• Intel Visual Fortran 10.1
• Intel Visual Fortran 11.1

Can you please help me in finding either of the above?

I need it for Ubuntu 16.04 (Linux)

0 Kudos
Greg_T_
Valued Contributor I

Hi Rashid,

Could you obtain access to the 2017 Abaqus student version or get that install?  You would then be able to use the latest Intel Fortran with that Abaqus version for compiling and linking a user subroutine.  Even the prior Abaqus 6.14 release would allow you to use a recent version of Intel Fortran for a user subroutine.

Regards,

Greg

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The old Abaqus version you're using may claim that it was tested with those old compiler versions, but that doesn't mean newer compilers won't work. I have seen many people come through these forums with Abaqus and they were able to use newer compilers. At most you'll have to modify the scripts Abaqus uses for finding the compiler.

I don't think you'll be able to get access to such old compiler versions with a student license.

0 Kudos