Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

How to hide the Intel Software Manager

Gosselin__Claude
Beginner

Does anyone know how to hide the Intel Software Manager ? I use Fortran Professional 2019 and whenever I start Fortran 2019, the manager shows up. It clutters the screen, cannot be moved and hides icons behind to which access is then impossible.

Thanks for any tip on this.

Claude G.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I've never heard of that behavior before. You can try uninstalling the Software Manager from the Apps system applet. It is not necessary for product use (but does help manage licenses.)

0 Kudos
Gosselin__Claude
Beginner

Good day Steve,

Thank you for the comment. I did just that: uninstall the Software License Manager and still end with a white square in my screen whenever I open a Fortran project in VS 2019. This goes away the moment I change from Fortran to C# or VB. Can't move the thing around, can't minimize it, and it is in the way. See attached file: the red arrows point to the annoying thing.

Any other suggestion ?

0 Kudos
Gosselin__Claude
Beginner

Steve:

One more comment: when I installed Fortran 2019, it was attached to both VS 2015 and VS 2019 which are installed on my computer. When I run Fortran from VS 2019, I get this annoying square. When I run Fortran from VS 2015 - surprise - nothing shown. So I will use VS 2015 from now on. But still surprising to have this white square showing up ...

Claude

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/812525

0 Kudos