Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
26853 Discussions

ICE, debug build with constructed PARAMETER

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

I was creating some new code and a got an ICE in Debug build.....

Configuration: Debug|x64 ------
Compiling with Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic 2021.1.1 [Intel(R) 64]...
graphs_SUBS.f90
fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005).

So I downloaded and installed the latest compiler Fortran Compiler Classic 2021.4.0 [Intel(R) 64]...
and get the same problem as well as a now get and ICE in 26 other source files. There is clearly a regression. I went back to the older compiler and made a small reproducer (see below). I think the problem is referencing the module parameter that has been 'constructed'. I will have to work around it for now.

module testmod
        implicit none
        integer, parameter :: WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW = iany([int(Z'00000000'),int(Z'00C00000'),int(Z'00080000'),&
                                                          int(Z'00040000'),int(Z'00020000'),int(Z'00010000')] )
        !integer, parameter :: WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW = 1 ! no ice
    end module testmod
    subroutine test()
        use testmod
        integer :: ifred
        ifred = WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW
    end subroutine test

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate the ICE on Windows or Linux with the 2021.4.0 compiler. Can you attach the BuildLog.htm so I can duplicate your compiler options?

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

ifort /nologo /debug:full /Od /debug-parameters:used test.f90
fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005).
compilation aborted for test.f90 (code 1)    

I had a play the debug-parameters I think is the trigger

Barbara_P_Intel

It's the "-debug-parameters used" that triggers the ICE. Thanks for your compiler options.

Now to file a bug report.

Barbara_P_Intel

I filed CMPLRIL0-34376 for you.  I'll let you know when I know more about its fix.

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

Thanks , note that at line 10 ifred=int(WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW)  does not crash and ifred gets the correct value but if you hover over WS_OVER...  in the debugger you do not see the correct value.....

Barbara_P_Intel

Thanks for the additional information.