Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ICE in latest IFX compiler

Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

The attached module code produces an ICE using the latest IFX compiler Intel® Fortran Compiler 2023.2.0 [Intel(R) 64] on Windows 11. The source consists of a single module file taken in isolation from a large project solution. I was getting the same messages when trying to compile the full solution plus a few similar relating to other modules though not all.

I've also attached the BuildLog.htm files showing compiler options for /MP=NO.

With /MP option set to Yes an additional message is output:

1>----- Build started: Project: BugReport (IFX), Configuration: Debug x64 ------
Compiling with Intel® Fortran Compiler 2023.2.0 [Intel(R) 64]...
Bug_190123_test.f90
xfortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005).
ifx: error #10298: problem during post processing of parallel object compilation
compilation aborted for C:\Users\steve\Dropbox\General\BugReport\Bug_190123_test.f90 (code 1)

With /MP option set to No:

Bug_190123_test.f90
xfortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005).
compilation aborted for C:\Users\steve\Dropbox\General\BugReport\Bug_190123_test.f90 (code 1)

Build log written to "file://C:/Users/steve/Dropbox/General/BugReport/x64/Debug/BuildLog.htm"
BugReport - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Errors such as these are the main reason for me not to move over to IFX from IFORT.

Can someone at Intel please have a look into this? Any feedback would be appreciated. Hopefully it will lead to fixes, that will enefit everyone, assuming problem is not a result of errant coding on my part.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Devorah_H_Intel

This ICE is fixed in the next compiler release. I just tested it with the latest 2024 and there is no ICE with IFX 2024, while there is with IFX 2023.2

Thank you for reporting this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Devorah_H_Intel

This ICE is fixed in the next compiler release. I just tested it with the latest 2024 and there is no ICE with IFX 2024, while there is with IFX 2023.2

Thank you for reporting this.

0 Kudos