Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF 19.1.2.254 Link Errors

Keith_Stewart
Beginner

Just updated to IVF 19.1.2.254, rebooted, compiled OK, but link gives around 23 errors on teh same code that compiled & linked yesterday on IVF 19.1.1.216.

Errors are:

libmmt.lib(libm_error.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libirc.lib(tbk_display.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libirc.lib(tbk_backtrace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf referenced in function _tbk_trace_stack_impl
libifcoremt.lib(for_close_proc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifcoremt.lib(tbk_traceback.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifcoremt.lib(for_preconnected_units_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifport.lib(f90_sport.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifcoremt.lib(for_open.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifcoremt.lib(for_diags_intel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifcoremt.lib(for_nt_open_proc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifcoremt.lib(for_avalloc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsprintf
libifcoremt.lib(for_diags_intel.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___acrt_iob_func referenced in function _for__io_return
libifcoremt.lib(for_nt_open_proc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___acrt_iob_func
libmmt.lib(libm_error.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___acrt_iob_func
libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___acrt_iob_func
libifcoremt.lib(for_diags_intel.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vfprintf referenced in function _for__io_return
libifcoremt.lib(for_nt_open_proc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vfprintf
libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vfprintf
libifcoremt.lib(for_nt_open_proc.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsscanf referenced in function _for__open_proc
libifcoremt.lib(for_aio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsscanf
libifcoremt.lib(for_io_util.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsscanf
libmmt.lib(libm_error.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___stdio_common_vsnprintf_s referenced in function ___libm_error_support
\SL\SL.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

Anyone else seeing these errors, and how to resolve please.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Try adding legacy_stdio_definitions.lib to the list of libraries that the linker is to scan. If that does not suffice, please post the build log file attached to your reply.

0 Kudos
Keith_Stewart
Beginner

Thank you for your response.  I have not yet found the lib file... not within MS VS 12.0 (as I have) nor elsewhere, as yet.

I am using Winteracter 12.0 to complie/link and it does not seem to create a build log file.

Will keep looking for both, or I may just go back to IVF 19.1.1.216 if all else fails.  Is this likely to be a bug within 19.1.2.254 that I shoud report?

Many thanks thus far.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The Visual Studio version that you have (and, possibly WInteracter) is very old. You can check the Parallel Studio release notes to see which versions of VS are compatible. I suspect VS 2017 and VS2019, possibly VS2015, but nothing older.

If you installed Parallel Studio without meeting the prerequisites, any problems that result would not be eligible for service from Intel support.

P.S.: see https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/parallel-studio-xe/system-requirements.html .

0 Kudos
Keith_Stewart
Beginner

Thank you for the further reply and information.

Winteracter is relatively new (last updated Sep'19), but (yes) VS 12.0 is quite old now.  I will aim to get VS 17/19.  Meantime, have gone back to IVF 19.1.1.216, which still works fine.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos