Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF Composer XE 13 SP1 model does not work in windows 10

hydrodyn
Beginner

Hi,

My client company recently updated their system to windows 10 from previous version. The IVF composer XE 13 sp1 based computer model developed for the client does not work now in windows 10. I checked forum. There were couple of postings related to this. I could not get relevant information from those posts.

Can somebody suggest as how I go about in fixing this problem? I can download the latest version of distributable .msi file for XE 13 sp1. But wet page does not include window 10 in the list of operating systems.

Thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It is not at all evident as to what "does not work" means. I have several versions of Intel Fortran compilers running on WIndows 7 and Windows 10 with no problems. In the absence of specific information regarding what went wrong, my guess is that you have bugs in your program that, by coincidence, stayed hidden in your old installation, but have now surfaced.

One of my teachers (that was many decades ago) used to remind us "A problem well defined is a problem solved". Time to test that aphorism again.

0 Kudos
hydrodyn
Beginner

Many thanks for your comment.

I am not talking about intel fortran compilers working on different versions of windows. I have no problem with that.

I am sorry I was not clear in my earlier message. I will try to explain it more here.

I developed a model executable that was developed on intel visual fortran composer XE 2013 sp1 version on widows 7 enterprise using Microsoft visual studio community 2013 . The client was able to run the model on his machine using redistributable package that was installed along with model executable. It has been working for many months without any problems. When client's operating system was upgraded to windows 10, the model is not working. The client does not have intel visual fortran compiler installed on his machine. The client has only model executable and associated intel redistributable package.

When the client tries to run the model on windows 10, he got the following error messages.

C:\program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared FIles\fortran\bin\i64\libmmdl.dll  is either not designed to run on windows or
it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your
system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000007b

C:\program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared FIles\fortran\bin\i64\libifportMD.dll  is either not designed to run on windows or
it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your
system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000007b

So my question is

Do we need provide a new redistributable package for windows 10? Or do we need to reinstall the redistributable package?

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

It has been some years (probably three!) since I used xe2013, but the path to that DLL looks odd.  Current redistributable installations put the runtime libraries under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\xxx\compiler", where xxx indicates platform.

Try installing the redistributables again on the clients machine.  Later versions of the redistributables should be compatible with older compilres.  Check that the PATH after installation makes sense, and that there aren't any stray or old redistributable DLL's interfering.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If your application is 64-bit, your client will need to be running a 64-bit version of Windows 10. Is this requirement satisfied?

0 Kudos
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

The support of Windows 10 was added since Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 16.0 included by Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Even so, I know of no issues running programs compiled with older Intel Fortran compilers on Windows 10. I'm more likely to think mecej4 is on the right track, though I would have thought the redistributable installer was smart enough to not install 64-bit files on 32-bit Windows. Maybe not.

0 Kudos