Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF help

tropfen
New Contributor I
Hello,

today for the first time i had to use the new IVF (Version 12.1.1.258 based on the VS Shell) help.

All i get is a new firefox window with a html (?) help. Nice but in my point of view not useful. Where is the button 'index' gone?

All I want is to start to write 'getfi....' and the system finds getfileinfo and I get all information I need.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Frank

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You may not be doing anything wrong - we have had several reports of similar symptoms. I suggest you try the following:

1. Uninstall Fortran (but leave the shell)
2. Download and install Service Pack 1 for VS2010
3. Reinstall Fortran

When you first run Visual Studio after this you may get a prompt to run a "patch" MSI - do that. Let us know how it works for you.
0 Kudos
tropfen
New Contributor I
Hello Steve,

first: it is working now. Thanks

second:
- having a computer which is not connected to the internet a VS2010 SP1 update is not easy --- you have to find the complete VS2010 SP1 update, it can be found using the following link (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=210710)

- during install i had a system window while processing package 18 saying "cannot find ...." for few seconds

- the install completed with no error message

- on the first start i got the prompt to run a 'patch' msi

- then it was workung

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos