Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Impossible to create fortran project

Guizzh
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to create a fortran project on visual studio 2019 but I can't find any. I have already installed HPC and base toolkit, including fortran compiler.

Do someone have an idea ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

this happens. The simplest and quickest way to resolve these issues is to remove the VS and the Intel Fortran.  

Install the VS Studio first. make sure you selected the C Components as Fortran needs C. Then install the Base Kit followed by the HPC. Make sure you do not uncheck anything. 

If you have a 1 TB drive it will comfortably fit with a typical installation with a lot of data space, it gets cramped at 500 GB and dead set difficult at 250 GB.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

this happens. The simplest and quickest way to resolve these issues is to remove the VS and the Intel Fortran.  

Install the VS Studio first. make sure you selected the C Components as Fortran needs C. Then install the Base Kit followed by the HPC. Make sure you do not uncheck anything. 

If you have a 1 TB drive it will comfortably fit with a typical installation with a lot of data space, it gets cramped at 500 GB and dead set difficult at 250 GB.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

And set the vars.bat file, follow the installation instructions closely and good luck. 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There is no need to deal with a "vars.bat file" (I assume you meant setvars.bat.) 

See Installing Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 for Use with Intel® Compilers to make sure that you have installed VS2019 correctly.

0 Kudos
Guizzh
Beginner

It worked thank you !

0 Kudos