Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Installation environment variable issue

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

System is Windows 7 Pro x64, Parallel Studio(s) 14, 15, 16.0, 16.0 update 1

Installation of PS EX V16 Update 1 did not properly set the INCLUDE directory:

IFORT_COMPILER14=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\
IFORT_COMPILER15=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2015\
IFORT_COMPILER16=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_201
6.1.146\windows\
INCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.110\w
indows\compiler\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_librar
ies_2016.0.110\windows\compiler\include\intel64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
 Visual Studio 12.0\VC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12
.0\VC\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared;C:\P
rogram Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\um;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Ki
ts\8.1\include\winrt;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries
_2016.0.110\windows\ipp\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_an
d_libraries_2016.0.110\windows\mkl\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\c
ompilers_and_libraries_2016.0.110\windows\tbb\bin\..\include;C:\Program Files (x
86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.110\windows\daal\include;

Note, IFORT_COMPILER16 is correct with ...2016.1.146, but the INCLUDE path is wrong (or incomplete) as it points to ...2016.0.110

In the project that noted an issue, an Intel Fortran project, I am intending to USE MIC_LIB. The file mic_lib.mod is located in the ...2016.1.146 folder but not the ...2016.0.110 folder, subsequently I get file not found.

Interestingly though, All options in VS 2013 shows the correct include folder:

/nologo /debug:full /O2 /QxHost /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.146\windows\compiler\include\intel64" /DTranspose_qq /DNumCr1Last /Daj1_aj2_nlays /DUSE_dot_product /DUSE_Zipper /DUSE_UnZipper /DTranspose_ajj_ajiNOT /recursive /reentrancy:threaded /Qoffload-option,mic,compiler,"-fPIC -debug inline-debug-info" /module:"x64\Release\\" /object:"x64\Release\\" /Fd"x64\Release\vc120.pdb" /libs:dll /threads /c

IOW

Environment variable INCLUDE={ containing wrong path} seems to override /I"{correct path}"

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm not seeing this on my system. Note that the install of PSXE doesn't do much to the system INCLUDE environment variable, which at most has Trace Analyzer and Collector paths in it. The rest comes from the .bat file that runs when you establish a command environment.

When I try it (with 16.0.1 and 16.0.2), I don't see any stale INCLUDE paths. You may want to check your system environment variable definition of INCLUDE to see if there's old stuff there and remove it.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

When I Run cmd.exe (without Intel environment setup), there is no environment variable INCLUDE.

...Oops, my bad

I had pinned to Start Menu the Intel PS... command prompt for the 16.0.110. (embarrassed here). Just took those off.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

The other issue I had with the mic_lib ended up being an MS VS issue, well programmer issue (but correctable by MS) where

Additional Include directories had:$(IFORT_COMPILER16)compiler\include\intel64

Without the quotes. Using: "$(IFORT_COMPILER16)compiler\include\intel64"

corrected the problem.

In some places in the property sheets, the quotes do not seem to be required. Some places they do.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yeah - what I do is take a copy of the shortcut and edit the path to reference %IFORT_COMPILER16% instead of the hardcoded path, then put that on my desktop (or wherever). I also keep a folder of version-specific shortcuts to old versions as I often need to reference them.

You would not have anything system-wide for INCLUDE unless you had the Cluster Edition of PSXE installed.

0 Kudos