Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Installation issue with IMSL Fortran Library 6.0 for Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011

Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi, I was trying to reinstall Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 with IMSL, purchased on Sep 2012, on my windows 10. I need to reinstall because I updated the hard drive. 

I had no problem with the installation of the Intel Parallel Studio XE. The serial number I have still works. However, when I install the IMSL (w_fcompxe_imsl_2011.0.024.exe) using the same serial number, it gives me the following message: 

"Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number." 

Can any one help? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi Steve and mecej4,

I contacted the Intel Customer Support <supportreplies@intel.com>, and finally get this problem resolved. 

Because of the licensing issue, my original license file no longer works. The customer support provided me a new license file. Together with the instruction Steve wrote before (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries ), everything works great now. 

Thank you so much again!

Jun

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You'll need to submit a ticket through the Intel Online Service Center for this. 

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much. Somehow when I log into the following website on Intel Online Service Center you menteiond

https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

It shows me that  “403: Access Forbidden”

I tried three different browsers (chrome, firefox, and MSFT Edge). All have the same issues.

Do you have any advice? Is it because my support expired? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you still have the license file from your old hard drive (a license file with clauses for IMSL in addition to clauses for the Fortran compiler), you could try to install IMSL using the license file rather than the serial number. You may also try downloading the IMSL license file if you are able to find one when you log into registrationcenter.intel.com .

Please note that I am just a user and I do not speak for Intel.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

At this point all I can suggest is to wait for an Intel support engineer to read this and reach out to you. I do know that the issue with IMSL is difficult as Intel and RogueWave ended their agreement and the old IMSL installers were removed from the Intel Registration Center web site (for reasons still not clear to me.)

mecej4's suggestion is a good one.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Thank you very much, mecej4 and Steve. 

I tried the license file, unfortunately, it says it's not valid. 

I will continue waiting for a support engineer. In the meantime, I wonder if there is some customer service number at Intel which I can call in on this issue? 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There is no phone support - sorry.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi Steve and mecej4,

I contacted the Intel Customer Support <supportreplies@intel.com>, and finally get this problem resolved. 

Because of the licensing issue, my original license file no longer works. The customer support provided me a new license file. Together with the instruction Steve wrote before (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries ), everything works great now. 

Thank you so much again!

Jun

0 Kudos