Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Installed base/HPC toolkits in home directory, says "ifort not found"

Claudia1
Beginner

I'm trying to run a simple Fortran code that was built specifically for the Intel compiler, but due to memory constraints I installed it into my home directory and not root. Following the Intel tutorial gave me the error: "command 'ifort' not found", but I know everything was installed correctly. Do I have to be in the /Home/Intel/oneapi directory to run it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You can build in any suitable directory of your choice, but for the Intel compiler tools to work you must set up the environment first. See the instructions.

There are good reasons why the ifort command is not available in the default shell. It is possible, but not necessary, to change that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You can build in any suitable directory of your choice, but for the Intel compiler tools to work you must set up the environment first. See the instructions.

There are good reasons why the ifort command is not available in the default shell. It is possible, but not necessary, to change that.

0 Kudos