Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel FORTRAN on a Network

David_W_14
Beginner

Please add these lines to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432\Microsoft\Command Processor

add the value DisableUNCC Check REG_DWORD and set the value of 0x1 (Hex).

My computer guy did this for me and it still will not work.

I am running Thermal Desktop, with Intel FORTRAN, on a network.  Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

These messages are coming from your Thermal Desktop application, not Intel Fortran. Please consult with your local administrative staff to resolve this problem.

For what it's worth, I found http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/1247/ regarding the instructions. My guess is that your application runs a command script that needs this Windows modification.

0 Kudos
David_W_14
Beginner

Still trying to trouble shoot the issue.  The Thermal desktop developer thinks it might be an issue with the intel compiler based on the attached screen shot of the cmd prompt.  They don't think it is getting past the "\common not expected at this time" error.

0 Kudos
David_W_14
Beginner

Still trying to trouble shoot the failure of Intel Fortran compiler from starting from inside thermal desktop.  After working with the Thermal desktop vendor, they think the problem is related to the command line error that shows up as soon as the Intel Studio cmd prompt is opened (\common unexpected at this time).  Screen shot is attached.  Seems to be a problem with the path to the Intel compiler.

0 Kudos
JVanB
Valued Contributor II

Of course it's Intel's fault that we are getting these *.pptx files instead of *.txt files because Intel doesn't enable Quick Edit mode on the CMD.EXE shortcuts that they provide.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please do the following. From this command prompt session, type:

set PATH > path.txt

Attach the file path.txt to a reply here. I have seen this issue before - something else on your system inserted a string in PATH that is incorrect syntax. The error is actually coming from a Microsoft Visual Studio command file.

0 Kudos