Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Intel Fortran 2022.0.077 licensing

Ben136KBC
Novice

We have been using Intel Fortran, various versions, and they have all required licensing. But in order to get Visual Studio 2022 support, I installed this version (using w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.0.77_offline.exe which you can download somewhere under the oneAPI kits). It does not ask or show any licensing information and the Intel Software Manager does not show this version or any licenses for it. It seems to work fine...

So... is this part of the oneAPI which is free for all developers? If not, how or where do I see the licensing? Maybe it is using one the older active licenses on the system?

Note: Aside from the 2022 version number in the installer, ifort says it is "Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler Classic for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 2021.5.0 Build 20211109_000000". But it works and integrates with Visual Studio 2022, so I am happy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It's free for everyone, as is the rest of the oneAPI suite. You can pay for support if you like, and if you have current support for Parallel Studio XE, it carries over. Yes, the compiler version is different from the Toolkit version.

You will want to read the license agreement at End User License Agreements (intel.com)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It's free for everyone, as is the rest of the oneAPI suite. You can pay for support if you like, and if you have current support for Parallel Studio XE, it carries over. Yes, the compiler version is different from the Toolkit version.

You will want to read the license agreement at End User License Agreements (intel.com)

0 Kudos