Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28591 Discussions

Intel Fortran 2024.0 fails to compile PSCAD files

NikiSk
Beginner
I get the error below when I try to simulate some PSCAD files. The files run normally on one of my computers, but on the second one I get stuck on this error.

The exact error is " PROGRA~2\PSCAD 46\emtdc\if15_x86\inc\and.h(2): error #7881: This module file was generated for a different platform or by an incompatible compiler or compiler release. It cannot be read. [NDDE]. "

I have the 4.6.3 Version of PSCAD the free 2024.0.2.27 Intel Fortran compiler and Visual studio 19 Community.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

I take it that the file "and.h" contains a USE statement. But I am guessing that this library was meant for Intel Fortran 2015 and for 32 bits. You should look for a newer version, one matching Intel Fortran oneAPI and the 64-bits platform.

0 Kudos
NikiSk
Beginner

It is not that old actually. The library was first compiled with parallel xe studio 2020, but now works just fine with the new compiler 2024.0 on my personal computer. It is the work computer I'm having trouble with.

0 Kudos
NikiSk
Beginner

The and.h file contains a "USE NDDE" statement. but I don't know where to go with this

0 Kudos
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

That means that the compiler will have to look for a module called NDDE. The module file, NDDE.mod, will have to be somewhere in the path - if you examine the command-line via which the compiler is invoked, you should see which directories it scans. My guess is that it is finding the module file in the wrong directory.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos