Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28434 Discussions

Intel Fortran Compiler Classic 2021.5.0 is not working with PSCAD

PanosMar
Beginner

I recently installed Intel oneAPI and I want to use the compiler in PSCAD, 

but it gives me the following error.

'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2022.0.2\windows\bin\ifortvars.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Could you please help me. I have installed Visual Studio 2019 and 2022.

Kind regards, 

Panos

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_Lewy
Valued Contributor I

The current version of the oneAPI compiler (2022.0.2) is not yet supported by PSCAD.  Look at the PSCAD knowledge base for more details on supported versions.

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I do not have PSCAD, nor do I wish to play with it, but there will likely be a batch file in the current version of PSCAD that starts Fortran.  There is in abacus, find it and then adjust it for the new folders and names used in oneapi. 

If you are used to playing with batch files it is trivial, if it works. If you are not used to batch files, they are not hard to learn.  If you cannot do it in an hour, you will not do it at all.  

Good luck.  

Ron_Green

could be super simple - the compiler batch file is no longer named "ifortvars.bat", it's 'vars.bat' and it exists in the 'env' folder.  BUT oneapi has a higher level bat file that will set up the compiler and any other oneapi tools you may need.  So use this path for the setup batch file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\setvars.bat

Notice also that this is not tied to a specific version.  It gets updated with each version update so it never gets out of date with newer versions.   So run that setvars.bat instead.