Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Intel Fortran Compiler Online License Server?

rluanma
Beginner

Our build server is moving from on-prem to the cloud and it loses access to the on-prem license server for Intel Fortran Compiler. Does Intel provide online license server so that we can check out license via Internet? If not, do you have any suggestions to solve this issue? It doesn't necessarily have to involve transferring existing on-prem license to somewhere. If needed, we can purchase new license as long as there is a solution that requires that.

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Recent versions of the Intel Fortran compiler are free and require no license checks. so that would be the preferable approach. The compiler is now part of the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, but you can download an installer that is just the compiler. When Intel did use a license server, it needed to be on your local network. I suggest instead installing the current compiler which is, as I said, free. You can, if you wish, purchase a support agreement.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Recent versions of the Intel Fortran compiler are free and require no license checks. so that would be the preferable approach. The compiler is now part of the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, but you can download an installer that is just the compiler. When Intel did use a license server, it needed to be on your local network. I suggest instead installing the current compiler which is, as I said, free. You can, if you wish, purchase a support agreement.

rluanma
Beginner

Oh, great to know! Thanks a lot, Steve, for this piece of information!

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Steve is correct:  customers like you moving to the Cloud is one of reasons we dropped all license checks - installation and runtime, no checking any longer.   And the newer oneAPI versions of Intel Fortran are ABI compatible with those from PSXE so there should be no backwards compatibility issues.

let us know if you have problems with the oneAPI version of Intel Fortran.  You can read My Article on Installing Just Fortran for how to grab a simple Fortran installer.

Intel also has Docker images for oneAPI tools but it includes a boat load, no a TANKER LOAD, of extra software that you probably don't want nor need.

Ron_Green

for more info on pre-built containers https://hub.docker.com/r/intel/oneapi-hpckit

0 Kudos