Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Intel Fortrtan Compiler v.2022.1.0 Unable to complete installation

dj1967
Novice

Hello,

I am trying to install the component, both offline and online installation, but no luck...

The error that i get is: intel.oneapi.win.compilers-common.ide.common_vs2019, name: IDE Common for Visual Studio 2019, version: 2022.1.0-256.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

I have already uninstall and re-install VS 2019.

Is there something else that i can try?

1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Here's what worked for me when I had that issue. Make sure you follow this carefully and don't skip any steps:

Note: We would recommend you make sure that all Microsoft Visual Studio instances are uninstalled, by using the InstallCleanup.exe from the previously (and below) provided link.

Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/uninstall-visual-studio?view=vs-2022

• Check & make sure that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does NOT exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using 

'REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll'

command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.

• Try uninstalling the Intel® oneAPI toolkit now.

Now reinstall Visual Studio and the oneAPI toolkit.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Here's what worked for me when I had that issue. Make sure you follow this carefully and don't skip any steps:

Note: We would recommend you make sure that all Microsoft Visual Studio instances are uninstalled, by using the InstallCleanup.exe from the previously (and below) provided link.

Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/uninstall-visual-studio?view=vs-2022

• Check & make sure that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does NOT exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using 

'REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll'

command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.

• Try uninstalling the Intel® oneAPI toolkit now.

Now reinstall Visual Studio and the oneAPI toolkit.

0 Kudos
dj1967
Novice
0 Kudos
lewist57
Novice

I have followed the advice given above, and reinstalled VS 2022 Community with C++ options checked.  When installing the latest Fortran Classic compiler (2022.2), either online or off line, I get

Removal of component has failed

Component id: intel.oneapi.win.compilers-common.ide.common_vs2022, name: IDE Common for Visual Studio 22, version 2022.0.0-161

Error: Sequence execution failed.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Are you upgrading from earlier oneAPI or PSXE version? If yes then follow these steps:

To upgrade from Intel® Parallel Studio XE or previous versions of Intel® oneAPI products to Intel® oneAPI 2022.1.3 and higher:   

1. Close any running Intel installers.
  2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio installer.
    Important: Make sure that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, unregister the DLL using the
    REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
    command in command prompt as administrator and rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll, so that the Intel installer could not load it.
  3. Uninstall previous versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
  4. Install the required Microsoft Visual Studio products back.
  5. Install Intel® oneAPI 2022.1.3 or higher. Do not try to install previous versions of Intel® oneAPI or Intel® Parallel Studio XE products.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/vs2022-and-oneapi-install-issue.html 

0 Kudos
lewist57
Novice

Alas, these are the exact steps that I have tried with no success.

I have noticed that on the 3 PCs that I have installed the compiler with VS, the first installation goes fine, but if I update either Visual Studio or the Fortran compiler, the installation does not work.

0 Kudos
Wen-TUD
Novice

when I followed the steps, I encountered error after finishing installing, see attached log file. thanks,

Wen

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

@Wen-TUD Please ask your question on the oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation Forum. Here's the link.

0 Kudos
lewist57
Novice

and Malwarebytes protection has been turned off prior to installation, no difference.

0 Kudos
lewist57
Novice
And now for the rest of the story (you have to be a certain age to recognize the origin of that phrase)

I am sure that i skipped a very important step : i did not uninstall the compiler from VS before upgrading. I have subsequently completely removed the compiler and then VS, then installed latest versions of VS and the compiler, working perfectly. Hope this helps someone else.