Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Editions

Simon_C_
Beginner

Hello,

I have run some tests using the trial version of the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 and I am considering purchasing a licence.

However, before I do I have a few questions relating to which edition I should purchase.

I suspect that the Composer Edition is all that I will require, but I noticed that the Processional Edition has the following extra components, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector and Intel Vtune Amplifier XE3. 

Can you confirm that confirm that with the Composer Edition I can still use optimatization flags like -xCORE_AVX2 and -ipo, as I have used these options in my testing.

Thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Yes, you can optimize with those compiler options with any Parallel Studio XE 2017 Edition. The compiler is identical in all three Editions of Parallel Studio XE 2017, https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe/details. The Editions differ only in the additional development tools included.

0 Kudos