Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28367 Discussions

Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2020

Tewolde__Desta
Beginner

I am a PhD student and I have been used  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition  for Linux* 2019 in Intel(R),  Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650   server .  My students license has already expired  recently .  I have tried to get  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2020, however  it is only for 30-day evaluation. I  have  also seen  Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit . But, the  Intel® Fortan Compiler  is in a beta  stage , so  how can I get the  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2020. 

with kind regards, 

Desta

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The oneAPI HPC Toolkit has two Fortran compilers. The one you want, ifort, is the "Classic" compiler and is not in beta. The other, ifx, is the beta compiler. Use the oneAPI Toolkit.

0 Kudos
Tewolde__Desta
Beginner

Hello Steve_Lionel

Thank you!

I have also  installed the oneAPI Toolkit. After I    source   /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh  in my .bashrc. while I login,  it always  display the following  :

:: initializing oneAPI environment ...
BASH version = 4.2.46(2)-release
:: debugger -- latest
:: advisor -- latest
:: intelpython -- latest
:: itac -- latest
:: mkl -- latest
:: dpl -- latest
:: ipp -- latest
:: mpi -- latest
:: clck -- latest
:: dal -- latest
:: dpcpp-ct -- latest
:: vpl -- latest
:: tbb -- latest
:: ccl -- latest
:: dnnl -- latest
:: ippcp -- latest
:: vtune -- latest
:: inspector -- latest
:: compiler -- latest
:: dev-utilities -- latest
:: oneAPI environment initialized ::

In addition ,  while I transfer the file from one server to other server (which used Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2018) , I couldn't  transfer the files between the two servers.

would you able  to suggest me how can tackle  above mention problems .   

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Tewolde__Desta:

You wrote, "In addition ,  while I transfer the file from one server to other server (which used Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2018) , I couldn't  transfer the files between the two servers."

What file are you talking about? What do you mean by "I couldn't transfer..."? Transferring files is a task that requires accounts and permissions on both systems, and OS facilities/utilities for doing the transfer, and is quite unrelated to Fortran compilers.

That is one "problem". What are the other "problems"? The output from the OneAPI startup script appears to be quite normal (although it shows that you installed a large number of toolkits that you may never use), so why is that a problem?

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

mecej4 noted The output from the OneAPI startup script appears to be quite normal (although it shows that you installed a large number of toolkits that you may never use), so why is that a problem?

Interestingly I have come to the opinion that it is much better to have a 1TB drive and install all of the VS and IFORT programs than have a 0.5TB and have to decide what to install as you always miss something.  The cost difference is negligible about the cost of 120 cans of Diet Dr Pepper. 

Also I could edit this after submission - this web site has ghosts of commands past and future 

0 Kudos
Tewolde__Desta
Beginner

Hi mecej4,

Once  I installed   both  the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and  Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit in our server , during transfer file  between  my sever and other server(Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2018 )  after permission is allowed it gave me the following  message and  stopped. 

:: initializing oneAPI environment ...

Any suggestions you have ?

Thank you .

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Sorry, I have no idea as to what you are trying to do.

You have two servers, one of which has OneAPI newly installed, the other has Parallel Studio 2018. Correct?

Can you compile and run a simple Fortran test program on each server? In other words, do you have a working version of Intel Fortran on each of the two servers?

Next, what is the purpose of the file transfer? What file did you try to transfer, and how?

What does the Fortran compiler, or any compiler, for that matter,  have to do with file transfers?

0 Kudos
Tewolde__Desta
Beginner

Sorry for late reply :

" You have two servers, one of which has OneAPI newly installed, the other has Parallel Studio 2018. Correct? "  Yes .

Compilation and running Fortran code works correctly on both servers. 

As both servers (clusters) are used by certain number of users,  depending on the free cluster available, we tried to use both servers . We generally transfer the results of  our code to our nearby server. 

To transfer files between  both servers, used 'scp'.  By the way, file transfer worked 
properly until installed the new OneAPI.

Thank you .

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You wrote: "To transfer files between  both servers, used 'scp'.  By the way, file transfer worked properly until installed the new OneAPI."

I cannot think of any reason why properly installing a compiler package should affect an unrelated OS file copy utility such as SCP. Nor have you stated what it is about SCP that stopped working after you installed the OneAPI compiler package.

Perhaps you have a system administrator to whom you can turn to for help? 
0 Kudos
liweidan1313
Beginner

where is the link to download the 

Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Parallel Studio is no longer offered. The replacement is Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

0 Kudos