Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Intel System Studio 2017 ultimate installs without the Fortran compiler

stepan_v_
Beginner

Ladies and gentlemen, 

I am an absolute beginner at coding. I have to use user subroutines on ABAQUS 6.14-5, and it requires Visual Studio and Intel Fortran Compiler (IFORT). I have found that the only free option to get this is to install Intel System Studio 2017 (free for students), which has to include Fortran compiler as well. I installed Visual Studio 2013, then I installed System Studio 2017, and everything has integrated fine, except there is no Fortran compiler whatsoever. Therefore, I cannot create Fortran projects in VS2013, command line does not recognize the IFORT command, and system variables have no traces of the IFORT as well. Of course, I could download some third-party Fortran compilers, such as FORCE 2.0, Silverfrost F95, etc, but I have no idea how to make them compatible with ABAQUS. 

So, what do I do? Any pieces of advice will be greatly appreciated.   

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

In order to get Intel Fortran compiler, you need to download Parallel Studio XE (not System Studio which only has C++ compiler).

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

0 Kudos