Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28636 Discussions

Intel Visual Fortran 8.0 - chkseglog.obj : LNK4200

mftech
Beginner
Hello,
while compiling my IF 7.1 Project with the new IVF 8.0, the following warning occurs:

chkseglog.obj : warning LNK4200: corrupt line number information in object

What does this warning mean and how can i avoid it ?

Another problem is, that my program is crashing if compiled with IVF 8.0:

forrtl: severe (170): Program Exception - stack overflow
Image PC Routine Line Source
flmnav.exe 00F15775 Unknown Unknown Unknown
flmnav.exe 009A1619 Unknown Unknown Unknown
flmnav.exe 0056F94A Unknown Unknown Unknown
flmnav.exe 0084671A Unknown Unknown Unknown
flmnav.exe 00F29C61 Unknown Unknown Unknown
flmnav.exe 00F1608F Unknown Unknown Unknown
kernel32.dll 77E814C7 Unknown Unknown Unknown

Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated !

thanks,

mftech

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I

Stack overflow problem. You can increase the stack size specifying linker option (see documentation with keyword stack, however, it won't work with dll). An excellent overview and helpful suggestions are in Steve's article

http://h18009.www1.hp.com/fortran/visual/vfn10/page2.html#Doctor

A.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I guess you used one of the debugging or traceback options, and the compiler team decided you might be interested in knowing about the possibility of error. Previous versions have produced erroneous debug information, but the most you got in 7.1 was a link warning about corrupted .pdb. If this is important to you, please file an example on premier.intel.com.

As Artur mentioned, you should try the option /link /stack: I'm not certain whether the referenced article will tell the default values. The options are needed frequently when using dynamic array allocation, intentionally or not (as when f90 involves temporary arrays).
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice

Artur's post reminded me of the Fortran newsletters. Does Intel intend to continue publishing these? I found them to be informative and worthwhile.

Mike D.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Re: newsletter - we'd like to. Just need to find the spare cycles....
0 Kudos