Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows with IMSL

PatrickJK
Beginner

Dear all,

I have purchased in 2013, and used ever since, Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows with IMSL (I still have the original email with the license number, the serial number and the download key).

The laptop on which I installed the compiler no longer boots unfortunately. I now have a new laptop. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there any way I could use the license I purchased (it was an educational license) for an additional installation of the compiler? Could I renew it at a fee? If I click on the old download key, I run into an error.

2) If not, what is the compiler you offer that is closest to the Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows with IMSL, which I had purchased? I am afraid about the replicability of results across different versions of the compiler.

Thank you in advance for your help.

All the best,

Patrick
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Intel no longer sells IMSL and has removed all the IMSL downloads, so even if you bought a license before you can't reinstall IMSL. You should be able to reinstall the compiler (Composer XE) with the license file - the serial number may not be enough.

I suggest that you open a ticket at the Online Service Center, say it's related to licensing, and explain what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
PatrickJK
Beginner

Hi Steve,

Yes, I have been instructed to re-post it here by an Intel Community representative -- that's why the double post.

Thank you,

Patrick

0 Kudos
PatrickJK
Beginner

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your help. I precisely started by opening a ticket as you suggested that got closed because "the support for the license has expired" (!). I have spent many hours this past week calling Intel sales support, technical support (as instructed by sales support), contacting managers from Intel support and finally have been directed to this forum to look for an answer to what seem to be straightforward questions. 

I agree with you that I should be able to reinstall the license but if I click on the original download link I received after the purchase, I am re-directed to an empty repository.

I am hoping someone from Intel can help me. 

Thank  you again,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Paulo_Carvalho
Beginner

I need help because I am no longer able to download the Intel product that I bought a few years ago through the link below.

December 21, 2011
An update to your Intel® Software Development product is available.
Please visit the Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center for more details.

Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 for Windows* with IMSL* (formerly known as Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows* with IMSL*)

Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 8 is ready for download.  This product has been renamed, but the components remain the same.  This new product release now includes:  Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler XE Version 12.1 Update 2, Intel® Parallel Debugger Extension Version 12.1 Update 2, Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) Version 10.3 Update 8, IMSL* Fortran Numerical Library Version 6.0.0

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Rogue Wave IMSL is no longer available directly from Intel. It can be obtained directly from Roguewave or Roguewave resellers. Consequently, Visual Fortran with IMSL has been removed from our systems.

The latest version of Intel Fortran Compiler is available for download FREE - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/fortran-compiler.html

0 Kudos