Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28454 Discussions

Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit & Visual Studio 2022.

BaldacciR
Beginner

Dear All,

I have installed "w_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.252_offline.exe"  and "w_HPCKit_p_2022.2.0.173_offline.exe" on VS 2022.

In trying to create a new Fortran Project, but the following error is displayed (see also the attached error message):

--- 

error : Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsUpdateSolutionEvents'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{A9F86308-5EA7-485D-BAB8-E8989C3CFBDC}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

---

Is there any solution?

Thank you and best regards,

Roberto Baldacci.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shiquan_Su
Employee

Dear Roberto Baldacci:

As Steve pointed out, there is a pinned article at the forum front page explaining different ways to handle this. I also put the link here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Do-not-upgrade-VS-2022-to-version-v17-2-as-It-breaks-all/m-p/1382358#M161212

would you please check this out to see which way fits your need? Feel free to let us know if you have further question. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shiquan_Su
Employee

Dear Roberto Baldacci:

As Steve pointed out, there is a pinned article at the forum front page explaining different ways to handle this. I also put the link here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Do-not-upgrade-VS-2022-to-version-v17-2-as-It-breaks-all/m-p/1382358#M161212

would you please check this out to see which way fits your need? Feel free to let us know if you have further question. Thank you.

0 Kudos
BaldacciR
Beginner

Many thanks.

Best regards, Roberto.

0 Kudos