Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit catastrophic error

JayWray
Beginner

I am using the Intel FORTRAN compiler on our university's high-performance computing (HPC) facility (Linux based) and I have encountered the following error:

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

My code was previously compiling without any issues and I have not made any changes to my code. I also have Intel oneAPI installed on my MacBook Pro, which compiles my code without any issues.

Would this be an issue with the HPC system, my code or the Intel software this is installed on our HPC system?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Get in touch with your HPC system administrators. If what they have is not the latest release of the Intel OneAPI, request that they update.

Prepare a "reproducer" -- source code with sufficient information to reproduce the error. Provide that reproducer to Intel through Premier Support, if your university subscribes,  here if not.

0 Kudos