Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit suddenly stops installing

Pedro_Gouveia
Beginner

Greetings,

I have this issue with every intel toolkit. After downloading and opening the executable file, the program asks to check my systems requirements. After that, it starts downloading something the size of 21.3 mb, which finishes correctly, and after than, just when the next window is about to open (file attached named "1" shows the process), it suddenly crashes and stops. It still installs the files into the C drive though. 

Some help would be appreciated since I urgently need a fortran compiler for a college assignement.

Thanks in Advance,
Pedro Gouveia

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

Pedro,

We will have a new release of oneAPI 2022.1.3 coming out early next week.  This will support the VS 2022 Community Edition 17.1.  Can you wait until early next week?  

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Download the offline installer. 

0 Kudos
Pedro_Gouveia
Beginner
I did, and the problem still remains. Both with the online and offline installers.
0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

What version of oneAPI are you installing?

What version of VS are you using?  

If you are using VS 2022 version 17.1.x, there is a known installation issue. See this thread for more information and a workaround.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Dear Barbara:

I was typing a similar response and got a nice notification that you were responding.  Nice feature for the website. 

Stay warm it is cold outside.  

JMN

0 Kudos
Pedro_Gouveia
Beginner

I'm using the 2022.1.2.116_offline version of oneAPI. 

I was using the 17.1 (2022) VS, and tried to go back to the 17.0.6 (2022) VS. Didn't manage to since I think the older versions of VS2022 are only available for professional users and enterprises. I tried with VS2019 and the problem still remains

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

There is an Intel forum specifically for oneAPI installation issues, https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/bd-p/registration-download-licensing-instal. You will get more help there.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Gouveia
Beginner

Dear Barbara,

I tried to do what is said on that topic. However, there is no community edition for the 12.0 oneAPI. 

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Pedro,

We will have a new release of oneAPI 2022.1.3 coming out early next week.  This will support the VS 2022 Community Edition 17.1.  Can you wait until early next week?  

Pedro_Gouveia
Beginner

Ron,

Sure. But the problem is that I can't even install it, so I guess the main problem is the non-capability to support the VS. While the installation process it just exits for no reason.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

The 2022.1.3 release scheduled for early next week fixes the installation problem. 

0 Kudos