Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Internal Compiler error C0000005

Sofiev__Mikhail
Beginner

Hi,

I have faced an internal compiler error C0000005, which is reproducible with this code:

module Intel_bug
  type vertical
    real, dimension(:), pointer :: levs => null()
    integer :: defined = 0
  end type vertical
  type(vertical), parameter,public :: v_missing = vertical(null(), 0)
  type(vertical),public,target,save :: meteo_vertical = v_missing
end module intel_bug

The compiler returns this log: 

Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 19.0.5.281 [Intel(R) 64]... ifort /nologo /debug:full /MP /Od /fpp /DVS2012 /DWITH_BZIP2 /DDEBUG /Qdiag-disable:remark /warn:interfaces /module:"x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\" /Fd"x64\Debug\vc160.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /check:uninit /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /c /Qlocation,link,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.25.28610\bin\HostX64\x64" /Qm64 "D:\model\silam_v5_7\silam_v5_7\Source1.f90" fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005). ifort: error #10298: problem during post processing of parallel object compilation compilation aborted for D:\model\silam_v5_7\silam_v5_7\Source1.f90 (code 1) silam_v5_7 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The error disappears if any piece of the code is changed, even if the elements of the type vertical are swapped or any initialization is removed. I understand that the triple-level initialization looks unnecessary but the actual code is much more complicated and they are all needed.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Mikhail

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Report it using the Intel Online Service Center. No compile options are necessary to reproduce this in 19.1.

0 Kudos
Sofiev__Mikhail
Beginner

Thank you Steve!

But I need some specific link: finding anything in Intel support pages is way above my intelligence level. So, where can I actually place a request?

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Go to https://software.intel.com/en-us/support and click the blue Priority Support button.

0 Kudos
Sofiev__Mikhail
Beginner

Hi,

I am sorry, it does not work. No matter what I do, from this page https://software.intel.com/en-us/support/priority-support,  I get here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html?random=-1999079504, which is a dead end. The promised page with the "Request support" option appears for a second and immediately disappears with that useless "Welcome to support" page displayed. No path to pose the bug report was found there. So, looks like this is another bug report - about the Intel Web site.

Is it possible to start the actions based on this bug report without wasting my time to endless search through the useless welcome pages please?

Thank you for the support

Mikhail

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

That first link works for me, on that page I click the "Online service centre" button and then get asked for login ....

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

I filed a bug on your behalf, CMPLRIL0-32829.

Interestingly, the ICE is only on Windows 10.  I don't see it on Linux.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Although I had to laugh as this at the bottom of the first site.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

For your information this ICE is fixed in ifort 2021.6.0 that was recently released as part of oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.2.

0 Kudos