Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Internal compiler error (C00000005) in compiler version 18.0.3 (release only)

Leth__Søren
Beginner

When I try to compile the attached solution, I get the following error:

There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005).

when compiling the file RFReader.f90.

I have only tried x64 compilation and by testing found the following:

- The code compiles without error in debug configuration, so the problem is only related to release configuration.
- If one of two lines in the subroutine rMATPRT are commented out, the code compiles without errors.
- If one subroutine is bypassed and commented/deleted, the code compiles without any errors.

The two latter "fixes" are marked in the code (search for !FIX)

The attached example may not give much sense as it is very reduced compared to the code from which the problem originated.

I haven't tried the 2019 initial release.

I hope that you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

/Qsave (Data > Local Variable Storage > All variables SAVE) seems to be the culprit here. I can reproduce it in 19.0. Do you really need that, along with /vms and /iface:CVF?

Please report this to Intel at https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

As a workaround, if you really need /Qsave in that source (RFReader.f90), see if you can add SAVE for just the variables you want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

/Qsave (Data > Local Variable Storage > All variables SAVE) seems to be the culprit here. I can reproduce it in 19.0. Do you really need that, along with /vms and /iface:CVF?

Please report this to Intel at https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

As a workaround, if you really need /Qsave in that source (RFReader.f90), see if you can add SAVE for just the variables you want.

0 Kudos
Leth__Søren
Beginner

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reply. My current task includes a complete overhaul of some old code, so the compiler settings mentioned might not be needed "globally", when I'm done. I already now know, that I won't be needing the /Qsave in RFReader.f90, so that should solve my problem for now. I will report to Intel.

0 Kudos